Learn, drink, and celebrate craft beer in the neighborhood that was the heart of SF's pre-prohibition brewing industry and has led the charge in its craft beer revolution.
BIG SIPPIN' IN SOMA
4 HOURS - $89*
BEER INCLUDED AT 3 LOCATIONS!
Our SOMA beer crawl is the perfect way for a craft beer lover to spend an afternoon in San Francisco. Half tour, half celebration, there is a focus on craft beer education and bringing SOMA to life as you enjoy many generous samples of unique locally made beer and become fast friends with the others on tour.
We will visit three venerable San Francisco microbreweries and/or beer bars and use our industry connections to bring each stop to life in a way you could not achieve on your own. We will explain the unique role each of our destinations plays in the craft beer scene and provide some background behind each beer you consume. Whenever possible, we will take you behind the scenes on a brewery tour and introduce you to brewers and other knowledgeable employees who can bring additional insight.
While we walk from one brewery to the next, your guide will briefly, but vividly, describe the SOMA's checkered past and brewing history, using buildings we pass as reference points.
As time passes and beer flows, friendships are made and informative sessions transition into a more festive atmosphere, but your guide will never stop educating those who want to hear more. The tour concludes after about 4 hours. By this point you should be full of smiles and new knowledge, as well as enough beer that you can't drive home, but you could still walk home.
In San Francisco there is always another great bar nearby, perhaps you will join some of your new drinking buddies for another pint, a bite to eat, and more beer conversation. Whether or not you're able to stick around for that, your guide will be happy to help you find a way home, or recommend other excellent activities in the area.
- Beer Enthusiast/Guide who will bring the craft beer scene and the SOMA neighborhood to life
- VIP visits to at least three San Francisco microbreweries and beer bars
- Generous beer samples at each destination
- Snacks at some stops
- Mini-tour of a microbrewery
- Info about San Francisco and SOMA brewing history
- A celebratory atmosphere which encourages great times and fast friends
- Advice from your guide about how to enjoy the rest of your time in SOMA and San Francisco from a local's perspective
*Use coupon code RIGHTNOW for $10 off
- Tour destinations are chosen by your tour guide based on availability and the quality of the experience they offer
- Everyone must be 21 years of age or older to participate
- We walk about 1.5 mi (2.5 km) on this tour
- Do I have to be 21 years old?
- What is the difference between the three tours?
- Why book directly on sfontaptours.com
- Which breweries/bars do we visit?
- Where does the tour start?
- What should I bring?
- What if it rains?
- What if I don't want to drink?
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is this tour handicap accessible?
- Can I book this as a private tour?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Should I tip my guide?