Visit classic SF craft beer joints and chat with some of the scene's newest creative thinkers, flash back to the hippie Summer of Love, and down samples of amazing local beer as we Celebrate the Haight!
CELEBRATE THE HAIGHT
4 Hours - $79*
BEER INCLUDED AT 3 LOCATIONS!
Our Haight-Ashbury Beer Crawl has everything a beer lover could want from an afternoon in San Francisco. Half tour, half celebration, there is a focus on craft beer education and bringing Haight-Ashbury to life as we enjoy many generous samples of unique locally made beer.
We will visit at least three venerable San Francisco breweries and tap rooms and provide you with generous samples at each location. We bring each stop to life in a way you couldn't on your own by explaining the unique contribution each place is making to the craft beer scene as well as the inspiration behind each beer you consume. As often as possible we use our connections to speak with important people in the industry and go behind the scenes for a tour of their microbreweries.
While we pass from one brewery to the next, your guide will briefly, but vividly, describe the iconic role of the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood in the hippie movement. Imagine yourself at the Summer of Love as we visit important Haight St. monuments and bring the hippie scene to life.
As time passes and beer flows, friendships are made and informative sessions transition into a more festive atmosphere, but your guide will never stop educating those who want to hear more. The tour concludes after about 4 hours. By this point you should be full of smiles and new knowledge, as well as enough beer that you can't drive home, but you could still walk home.
In San Francisco there is always another great bar nearby, perhaps you will join some of your new drinking buddies for another pint, a bite to eat, and more beer conversation. Whether or not you're able to stick around for that, your guide will be happy to help you find a way home, or recommend other excellent activities in the area.
- Beer Enthusiast/Guide who will bring the craft beer scene and the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood to life
- VIP visits to at least three San Francisco microbreweries and beer bars
- Generous beer samples at each destination
- Snacks at some stops
- Mini-tour of a microbrewery
- A celebratory atmosphere which encourages great times and fast friends
- Advice from your guide about how to enjoy the rest of your time in the Haight and San Francisco from a local's perspective
*Peak Pricing: tours $10 more June 30-Sept 2
- Tour destinations are chosen by your tour guide based on availability and the quality of the experience they offer
- Everyone must be 21 years of age or older to participate
- We may walk more than 1.5 mi (2.5 km) on this tour